Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cheshire Swan ringing week ending 25-9-11

Owing to a weeks holiday birdwatching on the Somerset levels I have less time to be out in the field with swans. But did manage to see Marsh Harrier and Hobby when down in Somerset.

Swans - On monday 19th, I was at RSPCA, Stapeley Grange instructing my trainee to ring swans. Between us we ringed 16 cygnets ready to be released.

On tuesday 20th, I caught and ringed a third year female at Nantwich Boating Lake(CBT7).

On sunday 25th, I visited Acre Dell Pools, Congleton where there were 43 Mutes. There were none that needed ringing. I then moved on to Astbury mere and retrapped a swan with only a BTO ring on it. This swan was a female of unknown age now CBX4. At Astbury I counted 9 swans.

No comments:

Post a Comment